Dependants Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)

To ensure that your benefits are processed, please follow all of the steps outlined below:
Note: Payment rates consist of a set dollar amount prescribed by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Full-time, ¾ time, ½ time, and ¼ time amounts vary based on how many classes you are registered for.  Benefits are paid for up to 45 months.  The student is responsible for paying tuition.
Step 1: Apply for admission for Rutgers-Camden and once accepted, pay the $150 acceptance fee.
Step 2: Apply for FAFSA
Step 3: Complete VA Form 22-5490, Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance and submit to the VA
Step 4: Take your VA Form 22-5490 application to Dora Perez, certifying official. She will complete VA Form 22-1999, Enrollment Certification, and it to VA.
Step 5: If you attended another school complete form 22-5495 Dependents’ Request for Change of Program or Place of Training 
Step 6: Complete a Certificate of Eligibility through VONAPP 
Step 7: Visit this website to upload your Certificate of Eligibility (ch.35) and certify your enrollment at My Vet Cert
*you must upload your documents in order to be coded Dora Perez at 856-225-2754 or email  which will enable you to certify your enrollment. 
If you are a new student, please make sure you have paid the acknowledgement fee ($150) otherwise you cannot upload your documents or certify your enrollment on this site
Step 8: Fax, e-mail, or deliver in a copy of your Veterans Intake Sheet (see below) to the Office of Veterans Affairs at:
(f) 856-225-2599
326 Penn Street
Campus Center, Lower Level Rm. 017B
Camden, NJ 08102
Step 9: It is important to remember that after you register for your classes you MUST certify your enrollment by informing the Bursar’s office for EVERY term including summer and winter classes
by one of the following ways:
Fax: 856-225-6017
Stephanie L. Bladen
Walk-in: Armitage Hall, First Floor   
311 North Fifth Street
Camden NJ, 08102-6053
*If you experience any problems with your certification process contact the Registrar’s Office located at:
Armitage Hall, First Floor             Phone: (856) 225-6053
311 North Fifth Street                      
Camden NJ, 08102-6053                
Dora Perez (Certifying Official)
Please visit the following websites for activities and events associated with the Rutgers University-Camden Office of Veterans Affairs: